Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Fingerprint scanner stopped working

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 10:27 AM)
Kah24
First Poster
Options

There is a very similarly named thread already however the problem is current, and the situation leading to it is also different.

I have treated my phone very well. it has no damage whatsoever on it. no scratch or otherwise. 
Still, my fingerprint sensor does not work. Like the previous similar post I to have read "An error occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device". I restart the device also factory reset it and doesn't work. When i tap *#0*# on the phone appear some white squares and one of them says "sensors", when I press there, on the fingerprint sensor test it says that cannot found Data log." and do all that the OP before has done.

However, I have not submerged it in liquid or anything else. It worked and rested on my desk. Then it did not work any longer. 

My frustration is such that I would consider throwing it at the floor. I don't have the mind power or technical skill to understand the problem.  I wholeheartedly beg any competent person to aid me in understanding Why this has happend. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AshP_
Options

Hi @Kah24, I completely understand how frustrating it is to have an issue with your phone. I recommend submitting an Error Report to allow our Software Team to take a look at this fingerprint issue in further detail for you. You can find the instructions on how to submit one here

0 Likes