Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shutter noise

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 05:28 PM)
Ang6
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I've had the s9 for a week and it will randomly make the shutter/screenshot noise multiple times a day. I've turned off the palm swipe. There are no screenshots or photos saved to gallery. Can anyone help please

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@Ang6: Have you noticed any of button sticking at all such as the Volume Down and Power buttons, as these 2 buttons pressed together takes a screen shot on the S9. To test the buttons please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Sub Keys and press each button in sequence ( Each button press should change the screen a different colour). Do you experience any irregularities during these steps?
0 Likes
Ang6
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for replying. There were no irregularities doing that. The noise can happen when the phone is not being used, on the table for example. I havnt been able to recreate it. It also just happened now when my finger was hovering over the keyboard . If I turn the system volume off I can still here it.
AndrewL
Options
Thanks for trying that , @Ang6. If you open your Gallery next time you hear the sound and look under 'Screenshots' can you see any recently captured images?
0 Likes
Ang6
Apprentice
Options

Hi. No there are no screenshots captured 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Are you noticing any notifications coming through when the issue occurs? You can try going to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification > Screen Flash to see if this option is active. If it is please disable it and see if this resolves your query. Please can you also restart your device in Safe Mode and monitor the performance for a few hours to see if notice an improvement. If you do the please uninstall any recently downloaded apps as the problem is likely to be stemming from a third party source.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S9 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
Ang6
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your help. New email notifications were set with the shutter sound.
Adz
Apprentice
Options
Hi there! Not sure if anyone is still on this chat, i've got the same issue. Checked the settings and the screen flash is off. It does it whilst it s not being used and the sound is soo loud it makes me jump! No screenshots taken and no new notifications coming through. Tried reset but still does it.....any next suggestions? Thank you in advance
0 Likes
Solution
Ang6
Apprentice
Options
Hi. My email notification sound was set to the shutter sound. Check your apps to see if one of them is using the sound.
Adz
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. Upon checking the email it was set to that sound. Still dont know how or why it's never made that sound before in the year i've had the phone and just in the last month. Didn't even know the option of having a specific email sound existed! :)) oh well, i'll test it over the next few days and see
Thanks again