Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Facebook Messenger Gallery

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 08:57 PM)
MyCatPlaysFetch
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently got a galaxy s9+ and for some reason, when I go to send a picture to a friend, my Facebook messenger gallery populates the videos before the photos. I want it to populate videos/photos in the order that they are taken/saved to my phone. I have not been able to find a solution for this. 

Please help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @MyCatPlaysFetch, this looks like an issue with the Facebook Messenger itself. Just to check, do you have the permissions set up in Settings > Apps > Select the app > Permission? Have you checked with Facebook Messenger support about this?

0 Likes
MyCatPlaysFetch
Student
Options

I did check thr settings in my phone and they are set up correctly. I have not yet reached out to messenger support but I also checked messenger settings and there is nothing in there about the order in which photos and videos show up in the gallery. 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, this doesn't look like a phone specific issue, it is likely being affected by the way the Messenger app is accessing the files. I'd definitely recommend speaking to Facebook Messenger app support first, so they can check this further. 

Do let me know what they say, and we can take it from there. 

0 Likes