Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Editor crashes in latest Android 10 firmware

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 02:13 PM)
Kvens
Apprentice
Options

After upgrading my S9+ to Android 10 I can't get Photo Editor to work. I have cleared all data and cache, and relaunched it through Gallery app.

But every time I try to edit a photo or make a collage, the photo editor never start up, but simply closes down immediately with a black screen.

Anybody else having this issue? 

Gallery app: 11.0.00.34

Photo editor: 2.7.11.16

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kvens 

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to find a fix?

0 Likes
Kvens
Apprentice
Options

Yes I am still struggling with this issue. I have tried to manually download the latest Photo Editor apk from apkmirror.com, but it just tells me, that the update failed to be installed.

Cleared all data and cache, without any result.

Bixby is disabled btw.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, we see. Is this a third party app you are using? Have you tried to check if there is any update available for it on the Google Play Store? 

0 Likes
Kvens
Apprentice
Options

No, as I said, I just updated my Galaxy S9+ to Android 10 via the update build in the system.

After the update, it stopped working. And no, there is no update available on Google Play store. As I mentioned, I can see that a newer version is available on APKmirror.com. But it can't be installed (or update) the current version. 

0 Likes
RussellG
First Poster
Options

I can confirm same problem with Note9 after Android 10 update

0 Likes
Bruceypoo
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy S9+ on Android 10. The Gallery app simply crashes/closes when I try to edit a photo.

Ryankirkwood1
Student
Options
Have u managed to solve this issue as it's happening in my s9 after update
0 Likes
Mike_V2
Student
Options

Having the same problem with a Galaxy J3, Android version 9, Gallery version 10.2.00.20. Photo Editor has recently just stopped working. 

0 Likes
Ryankirkwood1
Student
Options

I just went onto playstore and downloaded another program.  I wanted it to make slideshows and mini movies etc.  Ended up with GoPro . Worked out better in the end . Brilliant app