Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps waking up after Updating it / Samsung S9+

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 11:21 PM)
KeiKei
First Poster
Options

Ever since I updated my phone it keeps on waking up a lot and draining my battery. I've tried everything I could find except taking it in to the shop and Factory resetting it. It now keeps on saying USB connector connected/disconnected. Help please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try removing any relevant sd card to see if the issues stop as a malfunctioning card can cause all manner of glitches.

If a phone is glitching after an update @KeiKei I suggest the following.

1. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

2. First please put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

3. If the issues persist in Safe Mode then back up , remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

4. A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes