Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ rebooting itself once or twice per day

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 05:56 PM)
Zacepi
Explorer
Options

Very strange issue with my Galaxy S9+ which is a couple of years old.

Every day, at random times of the day or night my phone reboots. I pick up my phone and it will tell me to use my PIN after a reboot. Sometimes I even see it reboot just sitting on the table. It happens once or twice each day.

It never happens when I'm actually on it doing something. 

It can be when charging or not.

It happens at different times.

It's not running out of battery or even close. 

I assumed it was a hardware problem so when the chance came to swap my sim into another one (bought at the same time) I took it. I reset the new phone, put my sim in then migrated in all the apps and data. This one does the same! Possibly slightly less often but still at least daily.

Is this a known issue with these phones, or is there an app out there that's known to do this?

No previous phone I've had - Apple, Android, Windows, Symbian or older (yes I'm old) has ever done this.

thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Its possible random restarts are caused by a poor quality app.
Try uninstalling apps you don't use
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
There is a setting somewhere on your phone, you will have to Google it "sorry" I can't remember where the setting is, but it's to enable reboots a couple of times a day to fix any possible issues, check it's not enabled, this might help https://youtu.be/SdSiYwQ1ngs
Zacepi
Explorer
Options

I actually thought this was a troll post but I never knew that feature existed  😊

Cheers

0 Likes
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
Lol I don't troll 😊
0 Likes