Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Bixby Service - annoying popup

(Topic created on: 23-08-2019 01:04 PM)
CallumW
Apprentice
Options

For the past couple of weeks I have been constantly getting the below pop-up reading "Bixby service keeps stopping".

There is no apparent trigger and it doesn't seem to matter what apps I am using. I don't use Bixby for anything other than my morning alarm so I tried swapping the ringtone for this but that also didn't help.

At this point if I could permanently disable or uninstall Bixby I would because it is very frustrating. If I click "App info" and "Force stop" the pop-up stops for a few hours but reappears (presumably when Bixby has restarted itself)

Very frustrating and I haven't been able to find a solution, does anyone have any ideas?

Image of popupImage of popup

3 REPLIES 3
CLF1
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

I hope you are doing well this morning. I noticed that you used force stop which is a good place to start. If you haven't already tried you might try force stop and clear the cache and data for Bixby services. It should not have any negative impact.

CLF 

CallumW
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the quick response. I have just now done both, I will need to use the phone for a few hours to work out if that has solved the problem or not.

I will be sure to come back either way and, if it's worked, tag this post as the solution.

CLF1
Explorer
Options

Thank you for update. I really appreciate that. 

Give us a wave if it sends the error again a few more easy steps we can try.

Take care, 

CLF1 

0 Likes