Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's still an issue with Photo Editor in Gallery

(Topic created on: 16-06-2024 08:48 PM)
davehorne
Hotshot
Options

In Gallery / Editor - the edit option where we can write on the photo has changed and I can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was. 

There were two options for writing - a Basic Pen where I could write with a very thin, very fine line, and a Marker type stick that was thicker, like a Magic Marker. 

Well, the Basic Pen had disappeared.  I'll include a screenshot. 

I have restarted the phone, cleared the cache for Camera and Gallery as well as Forcing a Stop. 

I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT - Sorry.  It seems the icon where the Basic Pen was, was changed to another icon though still functioned as the  Basic Pen.  There is a glitch in the Gallery Editor but it's not a major one.  

1000005860.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

If you click on the pen, it gives you a range of options including thin and thick writing....
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
davehorne
Hotshot
Options

Yea, I'm aware of the slide option to thicken the pen or marker, it's just that the icon representing the Basic Pen, the pen with a finer output than the marker, disappeared and was represented by a different icon.

Things are now back to normal but there is a minor glitch in that editor. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interesting. How did you get the magic wand 🪄 1718568778001.jpg
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah nevamind . You need to tap on it to change it.

1718568897146.jpg
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Tap on the basic pen as highlighted on my screenshot and then close that window. Now it will show instead of the auto doodle pen. However, you are correct about the glitch (?), because if you have it so the Auto doodle pen appears ( as per your screenshot) it still labels it as the basic pen when you press on it (or hover over it with the s pen). This is also true of all the basic pens. It really should change the label according to which pen is selected from the settings window. Maybe worth sending feedback to Samsung. Although saying that Samsung could argue that the label is just indicating which menu it points to, which does make sense.1718569361150_1718569361144_0.jpg
0 Likes
jeanalexis
First Poster
Options
Still not working August 13th basiccutting and rotation ...come on samsung!!!
0 Likes