Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S24 series is a disaster.

(Topic created on: 13-08-2024 08:51 PM)
MrM86
Pioneer
Options
The Samsung fanboys will defend the S24 series and deny that there's anything wrong with them, but in reality, they have been an absolute disaster. I'll never buy another Samsung phone ever again. 

● We've had no updates since January, just security patches. 

● Super fast charging isn't fast. My old Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite charged significantly faster, and that's a 3 year old mid-end device. Yes, I have the correct charger. Yes, it says that it is super fast charging, yet there's absolutely nothing "super fast" about it.

● The S22 and S23 series have a better camera and better speakers, which is nothing short of absurd. 

● There are lots of bugs in the OS that don't ever even get acknowledged, let alone fixed. I can't even access Galaxy Store. I reported it to them almost 2 months ago now. Yes, I have cleared cache and data. It still won't update. 

● Battery drains really fast.

● AI features are a gimmick and not really very useful. A lot of hype over nothing. 

Overall, this phone has been a massive disappointment. My sister's S23 is undeniably a better phone. I am not joking when I say that I feel like I got scammed. Samsung doesn't care, they already have your money in their pocket. Never again. 

41 REPLIES 41
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
An interesting post here which will likely create a split in opinions.

I have the S24 Ultra and it does most things well. But I'm disappointed in the cameras.

I also have an S23 Ultra and to be honest I feel this to be the best Samsung device for a long long time.

But Samsung is struggling with software and it is starting to show. I've had the S24 Ultra since January and will be surprised if I still have it at Christmas. The Chinese brands are leaping ahead and today's Pixels may be of interest to many.

And if Samsung follow Google charging £19 a month for AI, we are done.
S24 Ultra
MrM86
Pioneer
Options
Charging money for the AI features is baffling, considering that they aren't that great, really. I don't think many people will be willing to pay for them, especially at £19 a month.

The Chinese brands are indeed getting very good now. They're also cheaper. I can see them taking a lot of customers away from Samsung in the future.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Stop hating on the Chinese 🇨🇳we was always better 🤣

I disagree I love my phone and found the camera to be quite good, I might dare to say my best pictures to date are from this phone
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not getting, are

Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A bad workman always blames his tools...
MrM86
Pioneer
Options
Not hating on the Chinese. They make better phones than the Koreans 😉
MrM86
Pioneer
Options
Tell that to the Samsung developers, who haven't given us an update since January 😉
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ssshhh we on Samsung forum 😂
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You've had 3 stability updates since January.1723581606188_1723581606179_0.jpg