Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPen tip smells burnt

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 10:30 AM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So yeah I'm crazy for sniffing it, but S22 Ultra had this smell and S24 Ultra still has this burnt smell in the tip of the SPen.

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Adi0: This isn't anything to be concerned about. While the S Pen is in its holster, it is close to the internal components of the phone, which will generate heat while in use, and cause the plastic to heat up. This can smell like burning, but it is similar to the smell you might experience after leaving your car in the sun for a few hours. The seats and plastic fittings in the vehicle might smell hot, but this will diminish after it cools. 

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Adi0 

Yes, that is normal. It is not just the tip, the S Pen has that smell of hot electronic circuits, but it is perfectly normal.

By the way, even the S Pen from the S22 Ultra has that smell after almost 2 years of use.

Nah, you are not crazy, if you got a nose you have to use it.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My first in built Spen with the S24 ultra and someone mentioned it and Yeah it does smell like burnt plastic.

And I always thought something was burning in the house after a good long gaming session.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's never dawned on me to sniff at the sPen 🤔 

I think I'll not start now 😉

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You do not know what you have been missing. 🤣

The "burning" smell is very noticeable even when the S Pen is not near the nose.

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Weird but I like that smell. It feels geeky lol
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Adi0: This isn't anything to be concerned about. While the S Pen is in its holster, it is close to the internal components of the phone, which will generate heat while in use, and cause the plastic to heat up. This can smell like burning, but it is similar to the smell you might experience after leaving your car in the sun for a few hours. The seats and plastic fittings in the vehicle might smell hot, but this will diminish after it cools. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Nah I give that a pass 😳

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I felt the smell since I removed it from the phone for the first time, but I think it's normal because the phone is new. I don't believe anything it burning inside the phone lol the phone is not warm or hot except for some apps.
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Do it, do it, do it!! 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes