Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 09:36 AM)
GrimleyFiendish
Student
Options
Since the 6.1 update I have suffered signal issues on my s24ultra. When only receiving 1 bar of 4g the phone is unwilling to drop to 3g which it did seamlessly before. It sticks on the 4g but with no connection. I switched from my pixel because of its dire signal. Loved my Sammy until the update.
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@GrimleyFiendish 

I'm not totally convinced this is because of the update but obviously I cannot dismiss it either. 

My Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra is on the latest version and the signal is as good as ever. 

Once a mast technician told me " Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

If you haven't already it might be beneficial to reset your network connection and sometimes moving the physical sim to the other slot has been known to help. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@GrimleyFiendish: If the network signal strength in your area is potentially weak, then you may wish to try heading to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode, and set this to 3G/2G (auto connect) to see if you notice an improvement. Alternatively, experiment with the available options here, and let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
GrimleyFiendish
Student
Options
Hi I don't have the option of selecting 3G/2G only disable 5G on my uk network. I have also reset the network settings.
0 Likes