Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 ULTRA Many bugs...

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 03:41 PM)
Alexuq
Explorer
Options
I have been the owner of s24 ultra si for a few days I've been the owner of the s24 ultra for a few days and I don't know whether to regret the choice made or not, it has a lot of bugs, the camera can't even take a clear picture, I compared it to an iPhone 12, I was shocked when I saw that the iPhone 12 does it make better pictures, are all these bugs from the software? 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Camera should be brilliant
Mine is.
Could be an issue with some corrupted data if you transferred

Maybe start off with Wiping the Partition Cashe.
Also clearing the cameras cashe.

If you have camera lens protectors on I would suggest removing this. As well as obviously making sure the camera lenses are clean
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I normally wipe the partition cashe as well. Especially after a software update.

Wiping the Partition Cashe clears out a lot of old or corrupted information that can cause issues

Follow the steps below. You must follow every step and you should be done in about a minute

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .
Use the power button to accept that.
You will then see its cleared.

You can also go into repair apps before going into rebooting

Then the top option, reboot phone.
Press the power button to reboot the phone and then sign in normally
Alexuq
Explorer
Options
There are a lot, believe me, the focus, I was shocked....I don't think it would be necessary to give a wipe, what just got this phone is negligence from Samsung, because they have focused more on the functions you have than on the standard ones the phone... I tend to think that this is how the phone will work and then you will pay money for the functions to improve your picture...
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Alexuq 

Have you tried Expert Raw? Expert Raw is a free camera app from the Samsung Galaxy Store app.

The S22 Ultra stock camera app was really bad on release. The pictures were lacking detail. The hair on my dogs were just some smudge colour, but Expert Raw app was able to take excellent pictures where one could count individual hairs, with exactly the same light conditions. The stock camera has improved considerably from the early beginnings.

I really do not understand the lack of consistency. We have seen here some decent pictures and users like @Glenntech which are content with the initial performance of the camera, and yet we also have users like you complaining about the this. By the way, you are not the only one who has posted about bad picture quality.

It is clear that there are some differences from device to device. I wonder whether they have the firmware and camera app version. The phone itself could have some hardware issue, but that could be rule out if Expert Raw can take good pictures.

Technology enthusiast, but not related to any technological company.
Alexuq
Explorer
Options
Yes, I can try that, but it's not about replacing a standard function of the phone with an additional one, just out of curiosity, when you bought the s23 you had the same problems, should it just be software maybe problems?
0 Likes
Woollie
Explorer
Options
The camera on mine is good, apart from the automatic over-processing that happens on some pictures. Hopefully, a software update will rectify that. The camera in 5X Portrait mode is incredible. It's hard to tell that a picture wasn't taken with my full frame Nikon camera. I would post an example, but this app degrades images on uploading.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I got the S22 Ultra, and yes it had similar problems when it was released, but it was software problems because Expert Raw was able to use the same hardware and take excellent pictures. The stock camera has improved enormously.

Expert Raw is integrated with the stock camera now. It is not replacing but expanding functionality. Expert Raw will allow you to change settings like ISO, aperture, etc. It will be more camera-like, if you like photography, it allows you to take picture like if you were using a camera. The stock camera is more like point and shoot.

By the way, I also order the S24 Ultra, but it's been delayed.

Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

We have seen some very good pictures already. It will not be the same quality, but it will give a good idea of the quality.

0 Likes
Alexuq
Explorer
Options

thank you for the confirmation, I thought the phone was broken honestly... I can't focus clearly and the night mode abuses a lot of hdr, which makes it very bright, almost like you can't see the subject in the image...
0 Likes