Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 plus software issue ?

(Topic created on: a month ago)
becks_bmw
Student
Options
I've had the phone all of 2 weeks from day 1 it keeps re starting on its own, it has also frozen and re started. As well as the screen going very pixilated and making a cracking noise. I haven't dropped the phone or put it in water. At first I thought it turned itself off because it was too hot, only I got no ' device needs to cool down ' message. It has happened twice today and it's on 70% charge. I have noticed that the restart happens more when it gets to 30%. 

Am I doing something wrong??? 
I have checked for updates .... its on the latest software 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Is the phone brand new and from an official Samsung outlet?
0 Likes
becks_bmw
Student
Options
Yes
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Thanks, can you feed this back to Samsung via the members app (Tap on the support tab at bottom of page). They will take you through some trouble shooting methods and may arrange a repair if needed. Your screen should NOT be making a 'crackling' sound.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you used smartswitch from an old phone.
Could be an issue with an app or something
Try Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone to start with.
Make sure all apps are updated from the playstore and Galaxy store
0 Likes
becks_bmw
Student
Options
I did use smart switch but all my apps are up to date... will back up and give this ago.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@becks_bmw: If your issue persists, please head to Settings > Device care > Auto optimisation > Auto restart, and make sure that all options here are toggled off (Restart when needed, and Restart on schedule). 

Furthermore, you may wish to restart your Galaxy S24+ in Safe mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. 

To enter Safe mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe mode active, monitor the performance of the device for a few hours, based on the frequency that you encounter the issue. If you find that the device no longer freezes/restarts, then please restart your phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. It won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore we recommend approaching this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
becks_bmw
Student
Options
Thank you, I have tired this. I have not downloaded any new apps .... they are the same apps that have had no issue with my previous s20 fe. The main app that the re start happens on in the camera app or while the device is not ok charge or in use overnight. It has frozen and made a loud cracking noise as well as frozen while usuing whatsapp and sms text.
0 Likes
becks_bmw
Student
Options
Not on **
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

I'd recommend having this inspected by an engineer or you can submit an Error Report via the Members app, our developers can see this directly and look into your phone.

You can do this by opening the Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > Select your symptom > Set your frequency, and include a fully detailed description of what has occurred > Attach a screenshot with the paperclip icon in the top right > Make sure “Send system log data” is ticked > Send (arrow top right).

0 Likes