Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximizing Battery Life: Tips for Samsung Users

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options

Hey Samsung Community!

Understanding the importance of preserving battery life, especially when you are on the go. To assist you in this endeavor, we have compiled a list of proven strategies to optimize the battery performance of your Samsung device:

1. Adjust Screen Brightness: Lowering your screen brightness can significantly reduce battery consumption. Try setting it to auto-brightness or manually adjusting it to a comfortable level for your surroundings.

2. Utilize Power-Saving Modes: Samsung devices come with built-in power-saving modes that can help extend battery life. Experiment with different modes to find the one that best suits your needs without compromising too much on performance.

3. Manage Background Apps: Apps running in the background can drain your battery without you even realizing it. Use the device maintenance feature to identify and close apps consuming excessive power.

4. Limit Location Services: While GPS and location services are handy, they can be real battery hogs. Consider turning off location services when you don't need them, or restricting them to only essential apps.

5. Optimize Battery Usage: Samsung devices often come with battery optimization features that can help prolong battery life. Take advantage of these features to prioritize battery usage for your most-used apps.

6. Keep Software Updated: Samsung frequently releases software updates that include optimizations and bug fixes, some of which can improve battery life. Make sure your device is up to date to benefit from these enhancements.

Please be aware that individual usage patterns and preferences may differ. Feel free to experiment with these recommendations to determine the most effective strategies for your specific requirements. If you have any additional battery-saving techniques to share, we would be delighted to hear them.

Happy powering up
Danial Ahmed

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DanAhmed 

Are you a Samsung employee  ? 

I ask because how you have worded the first part of your tips post. 🤔  i.e " we "

In regards to your tips thank you for compiling this which I'm sure will go onto help those that would need / want to increase their battery usage. 

There are some further ways to increase battery stats which include, but is not a comprehensive list are >

• Turn Off 5G if this connection type is not needed. 
  • Look at sync set ups. 
  • Use Dark Mode. 
  • Use the sleep and deep sleep area to put apps into. 
  • Some apps known as vampire apps such as Facebook can be accessed via your url bar instead of using the app. 

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, I am not an employee of the company. I understand that the use of "we" may be misleading, and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

My friend and I have been working on some blogs together, and it seems that the use of "we" slipped out in this particular instance. I have since edited the post to reflect this.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I will be more mindful of my language in the future. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Best regards,
Dan
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't feel there is a need to save battery on the latest phones like the S24 ultra.

Let the smartphone do it's thing and you are good for the day.

All these battery saving tips, so it is dumb down your phone.

It's like buying a Ferrari and driving it around town at 20 miles an hour.

I can understand that maybe having the phone for two years or more, you might wanna do some of those things. But not now.

Here is my SOT for yesterday with all guns blazing .

1716799453513.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are some optimisation techniques which can be beneficial,such as putting Apps which are not used frequently into Sleep Mode ansd turning off connections such as NFC, wifi,Bluetooth when not needed.  However the latest devices  tend to have strong Battery life  and ideally want  to maximise the best experience as much as possible. Personally not a fan  of using  Dark Mode to any great extent.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
You are right. However for instance I stay outside my house for very long periods throughout the day, if my phone tends to get low on battery than this would be something I do.
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
I mean if you drive not just a Ferrari but anything faster than 20 to 30mph in a town that's a bit risky no? And yes you are right with the new phones the battery is very good. But incase it is starting to run out, than that is something you can do
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @DanAhmed 

All tips are welcome here. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes