Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody noticed since the s24 Ultra past two updates the battery is shocking

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Johntomass
First Poster
Options
Has anybody noticed since the last two updates on the s24 Ultra the battery is absolutely shocking
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be honest I haven't experienced any negative impact on my battery @Johntomass 

I still get around the same before I need to charge. This is approximately every 2 days.

Have you looked in your Device Care Section under Battery to see what apps using the battery. 

And tried this generic troubleshooting step. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Johntomass
First Poster
Options
👍 thanks appreciate that
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
My battery still fine. Depends how I use my phone but usually I get about a day or more, depends how I use phone.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No battery issues for me as well. All is well.

I also periodically make sure all my apps on both stores are updated.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No issues for me. In general use easily get a day, sometimes longer. In heavy use get waking hours easily enough.

It is likely you'll have a rogue app depleting battery in the background.
jassi88
First Poster
Options
In the recent update of 24 ultra, I have noticed a rapid depletion of my phone's battery. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jassi88  check Device care to check Battery stats which may give some indication of issues and ensure all apps are up to date.  However have you cleared the cache partition which is recommended after updates, some cache files become outmoded or in some cases corrupt.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

There have been quite a number of posts about this issue but this is not universal, a number have  noticed no problems after the update.  see some other comments in these  threads for instance https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/s24-ultra-battery-drain/ 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/has-anybody-noticed-since-the-s24-ultra-past-t... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.