cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erfy Notifications

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Options
Hi .
I have a erfy doorbell camera and I use to get notifications if the motion sensor detected anything or someone rang the door bell, I have all notifications switched on but for some reason I don't seem to get any notifications if something triggers the sensor the only time I get notified is if the app is running in the background! If I clear all apps off then I don't get notifications for eufy ! Anyone have any ideas? 
Many thanks 
18 REPLIES 18
Robin999
Maestro
Options
The app might be put to sleep if unused for a period or time. If the app does go to sleep, you may not get notifications from it until you wake it up. Check your sleeping apps by going to settings>Device Care >background usage limits>deep sleeping apps. Also check settings>apps. Find and tap on your Erfy app and tap on 'Battery'. Toggle on 'unrestricted '
0 Likes
Options
Hi Robin
Yeah that's all as you have suggested but still won't send me notifications if I don't have the app running in the background 🙃 I've checked everything you a mentioned but still won't do it..very odd 🤔
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Does ths app not have to run in the background then, for it to work? Have you tried reaching out to the Eufy developers. They may need to issue a fix.
0 Likes
Options
Not sure but I'll send them a message...I normally close my apps down and I use to get notifications so notvsure what's going on.but thanks for your help 🙂
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
The other thing to check is all the notification catagories for the app. Ensure they are all toggled on.

Settings >notifications >app notifications. Tap on the eufy app and tap 'notification categories '. Toggle on all options applicable
0 Likes
Options
Ok will check that out but pretty sure that's on too
Options
Not sure why it says 3 categories deleted ?1715616685739.jpg
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Maybe old settings that aren't supported anymore. I see the relevant catagories are toggled on though, so that's not the problem. If you're sure all other notifications are enabled and the app is not in deep sleep, then maybe it does need to be resolved by the app developers. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else to try but uninstalling and reinstalling the app and setting it up from scratch again.
Options
Funny thing is that the app is not in the battery list anymore lol as I background usage! 1715618388994.jpg
0 Likes