Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issue will be fixed.

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 05:16 PM)
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

For all those worried about the washed out colours on vivid mode.

There are news that Samsung has acknowledged the issue and it is working to fix it. 

In this article from Forbes Samsung acknowledges Galaxy S24 Ultra Display issue.

It states that there is no hardware problem, and a fix is on the way.

18 REPLIES 18
RPB100
Voyager
Options
Ah still not publicly confirmed - only on chat which they have to me also, however for others they have denied there is an issue.
Nemoh
Journeyman
Options

does this include the diagonal pattern issue?

Suz1008
Navigator
Options
I'll retain judgement as it comes from one guy on a chat while others have said on chat they were told there was nothing wrong and it was meant to be that way. I don't like that the writer calls it 'trivial' - it isn't.
Piddle
Navigator
Options

The bigger issue is the grain, which Samsung has not commented on. Not even random reps. 

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The hardware, the screen is considerably superior than previous ones. It has been tested independently by a German company.

These screen issues have all the characteristics of software bugs, not a hardware issue. So, probabilities are that yes a fix will come around soon.

@Nemoh 

The lines should be fixed as well. Do you get the lines always in the position in the screen? If it is always in the same spot, it might be the screen. But it looks like there was a rush to bring the phone to the market and the software did not catch up with the schedule. It is not a justification, Samsung should have crossed all the Ts and dot all the Is before releasing them to the public. Nevertheless, that usually never happens with any company. That is why we get firmware updates, from phones to ovens.

@RPB100 & @Suz1008 

I completely understand your skepticism. Unfortunately, Samsung Customer Support is appalling. I will not waste a letter to defend them. Calling them is something that I do not wish on my worst enemy. I also have had similar experiences where one say something which is not accurate or lie and another agent says the opposite. Samsung should train them much better. 

As said above, these display issues look very much like Software issues and these issues do get fixed fairly quickly. Anyway, I agree with @Suz1008 about retaining judgement, but I do not think that Samsung will not fix these issues.

Recon0xe
Explorer
Options
You'd think an easy hotfix would be out by now, my guess is they are going to try and fix everything lol
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The phone is officially out today, no more pre-orders. I think that is not feasible to have a hot fix for a single issue so soon. In all likelihood, a firmware update will release soon fixing bugs that have come to light due to an increase on users. It is also very likely that no all bugs will fix on the first firmware update.

keith30
Maestro
Options
On Sammobile.com site today, he has a post referring to the issue and in that comment Samsung has acknowledged that they is issue and are working on a fix to it with a software update but hasn't given any date when that may be.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sammobile source was forbes.