Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining way too fast on brand new S24?

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
I've had this new S24 a couple of weeks now, and I'm having to charge it 2 or 3 times a day. And I'm hardly even using the phone. How do stop this battery drainage? My 4 year old S20FE never had this issue
7 REPLIES 7
Options
I know this phone can take a few weeks to settle down while it's learning, have you got the usual battery savers switched on ?
0 Likes
xmrdevi1ishx
Navigator
Options
I have also encountered the same problem. The battery appears to be draining even when the device is idle. The only way to conserve power is to keep the phone turned off, but it is inconvenient to have to do this repeatedly. I have already implemented all of the recommended battery-saving measures.
benakaget
Pioneer
Options
How long have you had the phone?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@benakaget  The AI takes a a bit of time to learn your useage patterns  but would have expected it to kick in around now. some optimisation techniques listed here though may not wish to use all of them for the best experience.  https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-s24-improve-battery-life/ 

otherwise  if stil issues it can be beneficial to clear the cache partition and is recommended after updates . Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or other Device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Whilst more of a last resort if other options fail  a Factory Reset  can make a difference, just ensure your Data is backed up before doing so.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

benakaget
Pioneer
Options
4 year old S20 fe battery vs brand new s2420240513_171853_1000024811_1715617135.jpgScreenshot_20240513_171910_Device care_1000024812_1715617150.png
xmrdevi1ishx
Navigator
Options
Since February
0 Likes