Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst battery ever!

(Topic created on: 08-06-2024 10:01 PM)
PRE2622
Apprentice
Options
Hi, 1st post.
I changed my A71 for a S23fe. Not a good idea! I have never had a phone with such poor. battery life. How do others manage?
It doesn't always last a full day! Might it be faulty?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome to the Forum

How long have you had your S23FE? It would usually go through a learning phase that takes around 2 weeks before the device optimises the battery to your usual usage patterns.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Take a look in your Device Care Section under Battery to see what apps are using your battery @PRE2622 @

There is also an optimisation button there that when run would show any high battery usage. 

Take into account that it does take a few charge and discharge cycles for the battery to reach optimum output. 

If you have Battery Protection turned On then the phone will only charge to 80%

If you let your phone run from full battery to around 15% ,then go into the battery settings and screenshot the full list of apps being used, including your phone's top status bar that will further let us see whags happening to see jf we can highlight anything. 

Upload the screenshot here in your thread please. 

Further troubleshooting steps are >

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. Alternatively long press the power off button and then ling hold on Turn Off to get to Safe Mode. 

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

A last resort is to back up and factory reset. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PRE2622
Apprentice
Options
Few months. Ta
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ok so the S23FE does far more than the A series devices and as such will use more battery.

I have an A32 for work which I don't use much but it will last about 5 or 6 days on a full charge.

My S23 Ultra which I use a lot, I get about 1 to 2 days depending on usage.
PRE2622
Apprentice
Options
Ta, will try.
0 Likes