Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connectivity issues

(Topic created on: 25-07-2023 08:55 PM)
JK281
First Poster
Options
I have been facing some connectivity issues after the last update from samsung for s23 ultra. Has anyone facing this issue or is it only me??
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SxM--
Explorer
Options
Yes, just recently infact. My phone keeps connecting and disconnecting from my router. On s23 ultra and it's really annoying now.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try rebooting you router
0 Likes
JK281
First Poster
Options
It works on other devices and never had a wifi connectivity issues including another s23 ultra device which my spouse is using
0 Likes
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
I have the same phone no wifi connection problems so far only the usual having to reboot router once in a while But that's not related to the phone
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's fine, but have you restarted your router?

I have a S23 Ultra and have connected at multiple locations across the world with zero issues
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had no ussues since the software update I completed for the July update @JK281 

I have read that some people are having issues connecting to a router that provides Wi-Fi 6.

Try changing your wireless channel in your router as this may help.

See if you can connect to public Wi-Fi ok as a troubleshooting step. 

Sometimes forgetting the network in your phone's settings and then reset up the connection can help.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
dorito
Journeyman
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue. Phone was fine until after the July update. Now it connects/disconnects from my WiFi every minute or so. I have Nest WiFi Pro (6E) and can't make it only broadcast WiFi 6. I have rebooted the router, rebooted the phone, rebooted the internet modem/hub. But nothing. No other devices have this WiFi issue and I have over 20 devices at home. The issue is not there when I go to another place with WiFi (without 6E).
As mentioned, there were no issues from purchase (pre-ordered) until after the July update. Then it started doing this super annoying connect/disconnect with the WiFi.
Samsung shouldn't market their phones as 6E if they are going to send updates that break the feature. Using a phone that "freezes" every minute for about 40 seconds is super frustrating.
Ahmed30052
Student
Options

I am having the same issue, not sure if you found a fix???

0 Likes
dorito
Journeyman
Options
I'm afraid I didn't. However I did find there is a setting on my Nest Pro WiFi (Google Home app) to set it to use WPA3 instead of WPA2, so I set it to WPA3. This made things a bit better, but it still drops about every 3 minutes for about 30 seconds, instead of dropping every minute for 40 seconds. The big September update didn't fix it either. I'll have to live with it until the 24 Ultra comes out and I'll hope they fix it then or I'll go to iPhone next September. Shame, as I've been on Samsung Notes since the Note 10+ and they've all been great. This is the first one with such an unforgivably annoying problem.