Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling, Adaptive Wifi, Intelligent WiFi and Smart Network Switch will not seek router with best signal.

(Topic created on: 21-10-2023 07:51 PM)
KenTechExpert
Apprentice
Options

For the community:  Samsung products (and Google Pixel too for that matter)  will not intelligently seek the best signal and auto-router switch.  We understand it is a patent infringement with Apple.   Further,  WiFi calling is automatically disconnected (even the setting disappears) when you lose carrier signal.   Think about that.  This is the exact opposite of the needed product,  Make a call when there is zero carrier signal.  Instead you must have "some" carrier signal to make the WiFi call.  Just ridculous that they don't have a fixed IP to handle initial calls.  Seems Apple is the only phone that has REAL intelligent WiFi, that switches to yout best router while you move through your home.  Think about that.  How do they get away with not exposing this to the world BEFORE you buy your sub-par Samsung/Android phone?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know about your claims as I have received calls whilst in the air with airplane mode on and connected to the wifi

I don't know about router but my phones jumps to nearest WiFi ap when I am in the office and the signal is weak

I haven't been to places where there is multiple routers that I have access to verify connecting to closest router, maybe you could elaborate as to where you tested this?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you a Troll or just come to advertise yourself 🧐 The Dark Side I sense in you.....
keith30
Maestro
Options
As a tech expert you seem to know much. Stick with Apple if that's your choice. Stay away from this site and go over to the Dark Side.
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
This is just not true. I can put my phone on flight mode and turn the WiFi back on and make calls without any problem using WiFi calling.
0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
And don't bother sending me insults or calling names I'll just report you.
0 Likes