Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6 issues on s23 fe

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 10:08 PM)
Wayne09
Apprentice
Options

I recently got a Galaxy s23 FE in December 2023 and it worked well for about 2-3 weeks but now I've been getting the same issues I've seen s23 Ultra owners have. Wifi connection will say connected without internet then disconnect, reconnects to the network, then continue looping (connecting and disconnecting) until I restart my phone or the router, then it will work for either a few minutes or hours... 

I've tried multiple steps people suggest but the issue persist. It's intermittent and happens randomly. I have an Asus RT-AX55 router that has been updated to the latest firmware with a RT-AC58U v3 serving as an access point using asus mesh. I have disabled wifi 6 in their router but the issues persist with wifi 6 enabled or disabled. 

My phone only looses connection while connected to the RT-AX55 router but stays connected without any issue when connected to the RT-AC58U v3. From my troubleshooting it's only this phone on my network that looses connection (old note 20 5g, and A54 works perfectly fine as well) and it's definitely something with my phones connection to the router since I can't even access the router from the s23 fe when I am "connected without internet". 

I'm starting to regret getting his model... Is there anything other then rebooting, reseting, enabling wifi safe mode, using static IP, phone MAC address, forgetting the network, etc can try or is there any news on when this issue might be fixed? I'm sceptical of sending my phone in for repair or resetting it if the issue will persist with my router even after it has been "fixed", replaced or reset.

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
Triathlon1406
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with an S23+ and deco wifi-6.  I have tried most of the above except the 140 channel and will give it a try. I have been lazy and just restarting my phone when I need wifi then continue restarting it every 10 minutes or so.  My phone probably gets restarted 30 times a day so I can use it.

0 Likes
RedDawg
First Poster
Options

My problems  with my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G phone connecting to my ASUS RT-AX55 wireless router or having an unstable wireless connection were resolved by disabling Intelligent Wi-Fi on my phone. I turned off "Switch to mobile data", "Switch to better Wi-Fi networks". My ASUS RT-AX55 router is using Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_51598. My 5GHz Wireless settings are

Wireless mode: Auto
802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode: Enable
WiFi Agile Multiband: Disable
Channel bandwidth: 20/40/80 MHz
Control Channel: 149
Authentication Method: WPA2/WPA3-Personal
WPA Encryption: AES
Protected Management Frames: Capable

I have only had my new Samsung Galaxy A54 5G phone for less than a week, so my opinion may change, hopefully not.

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

I am having the exact same issue on an S23FE.

I can't believe Samsung won't acknowledge such a monumental flaw in their product line. Couldn't get the Samsung store to even acknowledge this as an issue despite showing them multiple tickets on this forum 

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

We are having the exact same issue on the S23FE purchased March 2024. Such a  core function of the phone should have been addressed already

SamuraiTortoise
Apprentice
Options
Still waiting for this to be resolved. It's made having this phone such a disappointment. Last time I buy Samsung. The fact it's not even acknowledged and we're all left with substandard devices with issues. I get the feeling this will never be resolved.
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

With such an absolute flaw making the phone useless on so many WiFi networks we had no choice but to return the phone. If Samsung had given confidence and acknowledged the issue with the promise of a fix may have reconsidered. At the moment it seems this will never be fixed. If this problem is more widespread I'd go as far as to say they should recall.

Flaviossantos94
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue since 2023 with two phones. Samsung M52 and Samsung S21 FE.

In my house I have a mesh solution with two Routers ASUS RT-AX53U and it just doesn't work with these two devices. The other devices on my LAN work without problems, including other cell phones.

I've tried everything and I can't resolve the drops in the 5ghz WIFI (fixed ip, secure wifi, phone mac, disable agile multiband, disable options in Intelligent Wifi.. etc).

It's a bit sad that Samsung has not yet come up with a solution to a problem that is reported by several users of various cell phone models (it's not just one model)...

0 Likes
Shortkickz
Student
Options
Same issue you all describe... June 2024.. only this phone? Is this the reason they're all of a sudden so cheap? Lots being given away with bundles etc..
0 Likes
fuddledbrain
First Poster
Options
I got my fe23 se in March 2024 and no connection issues until a few weeks ago, I've changed broadband provider and have been blaming them, turns out others in the house and visitors can connect to the WiFi with no problems
0 Likes