Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird problem after update.

(Topic created on: 28-06-2023 09:12 PM)
kmack
Explorer
Options
Installed update last week or whenever it was and ever since then my finger print scanner icon has been dissappearing from the screen, anyone else had this?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
RetroRampage
Pioneer
Options
I have a flip 4 so idk what the problem is
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yes me too, this is a known bug...have to wait for an update now.

It is just the icon missing, the sensor still functions.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That's weird because I've just bought my S23U. So I got the big update after virtually a couple of hours of use. I've not got that bug. Or it's not showing up yet at least. Are you in the UK?
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
How often do you get this happening? Can you still unlock without the icon showing? Many of us have ours set so it disappears every 72 hours or so as part of phone security, which prompts me to enter my pass code. If you're getting this more frequently, it's a bug. You could try deleting your fingerprints, restarting the phone and then reentering your fingerprints to see if that helps. Otherwise, do report it as a bug.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mines been fine, but as @GusB was saying its a bug and others reporting same issue
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not everyone getting this issue
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yeah it's weird why it shows up for some, not for others.
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
In the fingerprint settings you can try toggling the icon off and back on, make sure it's not set to only appear after tapping the screen. Screenshot_20230629_072527_Settings_1000013489_1688019928.png
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The update make changes to core OS, sometime some of the files don't get overwritten or corrupts other files, it happens..

I am sure if you factory reset it will fix it but that's is a pain, better off waiting, they will fix it