Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
No more adjustable brightness AOD after UI 6.1? 😳
19 REPLIES 19
Khelp89
First Poster
Options

I also having the same problem, if I turn off extra dim I can see a little bit better

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Yeah. I'm talking about the AOD clock style. That use to be separate from the lock screen style. They've merged the two.

So whatever the lock screen clock style is, that's the style for AOD too.
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
I guess i still have the two options because of the smart cover. Hopefully if enough people send feedback then Samsung will put it back to how it was in a future update.
Casjen
Navigator
Options
I had 3 world clock times on my aod and they've gone... How do I bring them back 🤔Where the hell are the aod settings gone😡
Dragos Predatu
First Poster
Options

I hope someone from Samsung is reading this and taking the feedback into account.

Why would you REMOVE features that worked well in the past and enabled users to customize their phones according to their preferences? It's little things like this that makes you lose customers in the future. Are you guys just taking all the bad stuff from Apple now??? Wasn't the purpose of Android to have lots of customization options?

I'm really dissapointed with what you've done in 6.1

Not all people care about the AI features, but at least have the decency to leave the good things UNCHANGED!

Semsong
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I would like to kindly request the feature to bring back the Always On Display (AOD) brightness control and allow different clock style for the lock screen and AOD.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

TassosH
Journeyman
Options

No such an option

0 Likes
TassosH
Journeyman
Options

That is for Lock Screen, not AOD

0 Likes
Casjen
Navigator
Options
From Samsung Korea tho seeing is believing......
Always On Display (AOD) : The version 6.1 update streamlines AOD's linked animation and settings structure. Now, the lock screen AOD clock and separate AOD clock settings have been integrated, making separate settings impossible, and the manual brightness setting menu has also been deleted. For users who use AOD and the lock screen separately, a new AOD version (ver 8.7.99.11) and Good Lock (LockStar - 6.1.0.11) will be distributed sequentially through the Good Lock app
Samsung support here have also said the brightness setting will be returned....
Shank16
Apprentice
Options
BRING BACK AOD BRIGHTNESS SAMSUNG. Why change it in 6.1?
0 Likes