Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 12:18 AM)
Ryan H
First Poster
Options

Really bummed about the S23 Ultra not having removable memory. Just traded in my Note 20 Ultra for S23 Ultra and it kills me to remove my SD card from my N20U and not be able to use it in my S23U. Really wish Samsung would bring back removable memory and make people happy again. 

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We have seen a few posts from people who would love to have the Sd card slot re introduced on flagship phones as they prefer that method of storage.

But we also see posts from people who don't prefer Sd cards but instead like cloud storage for their own reasons.

I prefer cloud as I've had Sd cards fail or corrupt losing me my stored information.

There's the belief that Sd cards can slow down a phone and even with the fast variants of cards they can be slow at accessing apps or information stored on them.

Also the space that the Sd card slot took up in the phone has been used by other hardware now.

The same with the 3.5mm Jack for earphones with the various opinions from people who want it back / don't need it.

Personally I don't see either making a comeback in the near future.

Has this pushed people to other Samsung models of phone's or keep their current phone longer that has this function ? Yes.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

T457
Pioneer
Options
Get a sony problem solved
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Get use to it. Samsung won't be bringing the SD card back and I don't think many other manufacturers will be too, the memory cards are now dead.
0 Likes