Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s23 ultra 200mp pictures changing

(Topic created on: 30-04-2023 06:27 PM)
Nicole47
First Poster
Options

Whenever I take a picture with the 200mp camera,  the picture looks exactly how I want it but then at the bottom there's an spinning blue dot thing going on over the image icon and then the picture changes. This takes a perfect smiling baby picture into then the picture my phone keeps is where the baby is blinking. 

It almost seems like it takes a 3 second (or however long) frame, and my phone chooses the frame to keep.  Is there any way to edit the picture so I can pick the frame to keep?

It's more than my phone just editing the picture,  it captures the right moment, but then changes it to a split second after.

3 REPLIES 3
JL90
Student
Options

I noticed this too very recently and it angers me. It only does this on the 200MP and 50MP. The reason I bought this phone is because of the 200MP. I need to know how to fix this before I return this phone back.

0 Likes
oLui
First Poster
Options

Yes, this is so annoying, any fixes?

Edit: Download Samsung Camera Assistant from Galaxy Store
Open Camera App, configs, scroll down to "Camera Assistant", click on "Capture speed" and select "Prioritize speed"
This fixed it for me.

0 Likes
BlankDragon
First Poster
Options

1 year later (since this post, though I think this has been happening for longer than that) and this is still happening. I'm starting to think this is some intentional "auto-magic" thing Samsung implemented to "enhance" the photos for the 50 and 200mp lenses, given that the picture changes in post processing.

If Samsung is not concerned enough to fix this, I'll buy another brand when I go to upgrade this year. Plenty of other companies provide reliably consistent photos post processing, which is what I need. Do not sell yourself as the "best camera with the most MP" if the quality of the photos that come from those lenses are more garbage than not, Samsung. Do better, more consistent post-processing for the higher MP lenses or I'd rather not pay to have them. Or give us the ability to switch between post processing "styles" so that we can adjust depending on how the photo comes out post process.

0 Likes