Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email app not syncing/showing notifications (Galaxy S23)

(Topic created on: 19-12-2023 02:14 AM)
Tantakasan
Student
Options

Hi,

Recently I've been having a problem with the Samsung Email app on my Galaxy S23, which I bought new about 4 months ago.

Maybe 2/3 weeks ago I realised that I hadn't received an email notification for a while, so checked to find I had a bunch of unread emails which I didn't get any notifications for.

I tried looking for solutions and I tried logging out and then in again. This worked for maybe a week tops, but then it stopped again. This time I didn't realise for a couple of days and when I opened the app, before it could update the "last synced" time, it said it was last synced when I last opened the app a couple of days ago.

I've checked the notification settings and I have everything on. I checked other settings to stop it going to sleep and such as well. But nothing seems to work.

My sync schedule is set to "auto (when received)" and my email sync period is set to 1 week.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Some times it's up to the provider when they send your emails through samsung servers also worth pulling down to refresh your syncing
0 Likes
Tantakasan
Student
Options

Hi rickydarby,

Thanks for your reply.

Can a provider really send emails through the Samsung servers 2-3 days late? That seems a bit extreme. Also I got email notifications like normal right after I logged in and out, so I feel like it would be a bit too much of a coincidence if that were the case.

I know I can pull down to refresh, but the problem is more that I want the emails to come through when the app isn't open, and for me to get notifications when they arrive like I used to. Rather than having to open the app every so often and sync it manually...

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Some times happens iva had emails come late a few times
0 Likes
slugger
First Poster
Options
How do you log out and in of the app?
Thanks.
0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options

I'm getting similar failure of email notification on my S23FE. I have an S7 and the S23FE side by side on a table both connected to home WiFi. When I send an email to me (from a pc) S7 notifies, the S23FE doesn't .. it's set to notify on receipt. Ho hum. 

0 Likes