Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung chat messages

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 01:17 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

i have a question when using the s22u i used samsung messages to my mum and brother but since putting the sim in the s23u its doent seem to work iv checked all the setting are the same on both phone but the s23u just sends them as a normal text message and i cant work out why iv tried resetting the app WIFI on and off forced stopped and clear cache and data ,when its using chat its blue but normal text is green is it something im doing wrong ?

iv attached a couple of picture if it helps how i want it to workhow i want it to worknot like thisnot like this

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Could it be that you have not activated RICH COMMUNICATIONS settings from:

MESSAGES (click 3 dots on RHS),

SETTINGS

RICH COMMUNICATIONS SETTINGS
(switch to ON if currently OFF).

Thats all I can think of for now.
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

thats is switched on just checked it cant much on the net about so getting a bit lost

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you go into settings > connections > more connection settings. Make sure rich communications is turned on. In messages you can click the 3 dots make sure chat is turned on in the settings there. Unfortunately chat features can stop working. Jibe server can block when changing phones. If this is the case. Leave chat features turned off and leave it. I found 14 days is best to leave it before trying to connect again. Or it may just connect on its own and start working again. They do say the best way to prevent it blocking, is to turn off chat features on the old device first, before putting sim in new phone. It will fix its just a pain waiting.
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks I'll try that didn't know about turning it off on the old phone first thanks I did notice in sim setting the data said it was off for sim 1 but I'm only using one sim card anyway so not sure that would make any difference but thanks for letting me know it's not a fault of the phone SmartSelect_20230208_135216_Call settings_1000003014_1675864336.jpg
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No it's not a fault with the phone.
efx
Pathfinder
Options
I would try Google messages. This link may help with both though.
https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

quick update after a lot of reading i tried google message app and it would connect just stuck on verifing for days so dug a little deeper to find that carrier services wasnt installed on the phone .intstalled it then did a force stop on all messages apps went on to google messages again and BOOM connected and working so now im assuming if i go back to samsung messages now it will be fine Screenshot_20230215_111349_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
JennyR738
Student
Options

Omg im having the same problem. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! I personally don't like Google messages so im still trying to figure it out! I don't see a chat feature option at all. 

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Iv got the chat feature if I use samsung messages but they don't work they have not worked since getting the s23u so now I have turned it off and using Google messages going to try and leave it about 2 weeks for it to reset on Google end someone did say I should have turned chat off first on the old phone before putting sim in the new one so now it's a waiting game for it to reset on there end
Also make sure Rich communications is switched on when trying samsung messages
If you find an answers please let me know 🙏 SmartSelect_20230228_180024_Settings Suggestions_1000005593_1677607224.jpg
0 Likes