Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23Ultra - Lightroom Free Trial

(Topic created on: 08-04-2023 12:49 PM)
Deepgreen
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought an S23 Ultra and am keen to use it for photography.  When trying to use the Expert RAW function in-camera I am told that the only way to edit and save photos in Expert RAW is to sign up to Lightroom Premium, which has a 60-day free trial.  I am unable to sign up as, although my credit card details have been processed and approved, the transaction is being rejected by Galaxy Store for no specific reason.  There is no option to go straight to the paid option (3.79/month).  Is LR no longer supported and how can I therefore use Expert RAW on the phone and save edited photos to my gallery, etc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can edit it in snapseed and don't need the premium edition of lightroom

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try Google Play? 

Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can edit it in snapseed and don't need the premium edition of lightroom
Deepgreen
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks - I'll try that.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes
Deepgreen
Journeyman
Options

Tried that and it just brings me back to the same LR screen, which has an orange exclamation mark warning at the top saying that my trial has expired (I haven't set up a trial!) and that I need to be a member of the Creative Cloud to proceed.  I am a member there but that makes no difference.  I then get a screen telling me to download the free 60 day trial, and, despite my credit card being accepted and verified, Galaxy Store won't accept the transaction.  I wonder if it thinks I already have LR installed and won't duplicate it, but the orange warning suggests otherwise.  I'm going round in circles at the moment on this front.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Deepgreen. I appreciate that you are keen to edit your Expert Raw photos. Please let me know what happens when you delete the cache for Lightroom, then uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had a go at this and I get the same thing.
I removed Light room off my phone and wiped the Partition Cashe.
Purchase still doesn't go through for some reason.
0 Likes
Members_skULZNB
First Poster
Options

Have you had any fix for this yet? I have the same problem, and neither samsung or adobe wants to help me...

0 Likes
Members_Edu9EWb
First Poster
Options

I have tried to sign up literally dozens of times. I have uninstalled the app several times and reinstalled it from somewhere different several times. Opened a new account, tried a different phone and spent nearly an hour on the phone to Samsung support and nothing works. If the manufacturer of the phone cannot do it then you know there are issues . I have given up on it now and will go elsewhere. 

0 Likes