Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23u is going back!!

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 02:03 PM)
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options

Not had the S23u 3 full days....keeps saying its over heating, it's not even warm 😡 have done 2 factory resets this morning, that didn't complete....because it over heats.
Never have I had over heating issues with any of my Samsung phones, all the way back to S5.
Now got to wait for EE to get stock back in....could be upto 7 days before I get a replacement....already waited 10 days to receive this hand set.
In the picture where it states "5 apps closed" there were no apps open on the phone 😑 
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I am getting a replacement...they are on back order so could be 10 days to get replacement😡 had to wait 10 days to get this one....for it to only work for less than 48 hours
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Not the best first impression. I hope you get it sooner than later. I know that feeling all too well when your device isn't working as it should. I'm currently gong through something similar with a laptop but it hits much worse with a smartphone.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Out of curiosity after reset are you setting up the phone from scratch?

As in manually adding apps as and when or are they from backup?

Sometimes app incompatibility can cause heating issues.

Always a good idea to check for app updates in both stores Google and Samsung.

Since you have already asked for replacement and if same thing happens maybe consider manually adding apps from scratch and only backup your photos and contacts maybe.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I have tried all ways to set it up....worked fine for 24 hours then started "over heating" ....it doesn't even get warm to touch
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ideally a new phone will heat up in the first few days as its still backing up or downloading stuff in the background.
Hopefully you might have a better experience with the replacement. Keep us posted how it goes with that.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
So EE still have not been intouch since raising the issue with them yesterday 🙄 was hoping for a new handset to be sent today, as they have them back in stock.
Have been intouch with Samsung via Facebook messenger so they are now aware of the situation....but not really getting anywhere yet 36 hours after raising the issue 🤷
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung will definitely appreciate being made aware of your experience with your phone which will I'm sure be fed back however as EE are the merchant they I'm sure your aware of need to show a Duty of Care to you to replace your phone ASAP.

I wish you a speedy swap @rogersdave77 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JerryS
Voyager
Options
Sounds like you have things in hand in getting a replacement. Only other thought I had was to use an app like Aida64 which can give readings from the phone's various thermal sensors to get more information
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
New handset is being delivered this morning...ran aida64 on both my s23u and s21u, both running appropriately same temps but s23u just kept shutting down 🤷
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
As last resort, put phone in power saving mode. Should limit the CPU usage by 70% . If it still turns off, select limit apps and hime screen. Anyways Samsung went monkeys trying to profit with new phone every year without fixing the issues first.Screenshot_20230330_083058_Device care_1000005273_1680161458.jpg
0 Likes