Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23u is going back!!

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 02:03 PM)
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options

Not had the S23u 3 full days....keeps saying its over heating, it's not even warm 😡 have done 2 factory resets this morning, that didn't complete....because it over heats.
Never have I had over heating issues with any of my Samsung phones, all the way back to S5.
Now got to wait for EE to get stock back in....could be upto 7 days before I get a replacement....already waited 10 days to receive this hand set.
In the picture where it states "5 apps closed" there were no apps open on the phone 😑 
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Got myself a S23U 3 days ago....having over heating issues when charging, causing the phone to shut down.
Missed my alarm this morning as phone had turned itself off.
Anybody else having over heating issues?

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Straight after writing this post 😡😡20230326_100907_1000006457_1679821748.jpg
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using a Samsung charger or a particular third party one?

Could be worth wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone. If there are apps running in the background.

Sometimes on setting up the new phone and using Smartswitch wirelessly, problems can occur
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping cache partition fixes some of the bugs and improve performance by removing unwanted cache files.

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .

Then press Side Key to Confirm by selecting "Yes" and then press Side Key

You get "cache wipe complete" at the
bottom of the screen
Restart the phone to complete the
process
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
@rogersdave77, this is genuinely the first report anywhere that I have heard of an S23 Ultra overheating. Did you use a Wi-fi data transfer when setting your phone up to switch data from your old phone to your new S23 Ultra?. I know this can cause heat problems. Some recommend cable transfer for this. Your phone is still in it's early optimization stages for sure and has yet to settle down, but I must say that I used WIFI data transfer to set my S23 Ultra up, and even during it's optimization routine I had zero heating problems. My phone is now 6 weeks old and fully optimized and I just CANNOT get the thing more than slightly noticeably warm. Even during a 90 minute photo and video session. This is not want you want to hear right now I know and I apologise for this. I am tempted to tell you to factory reset your phone and go through your set up again. I would turn your Bluetooth off when not needed during your phones optimization period as I noticed yours is on. I hope the link below can help you in some way. It is worth doing an internet search on this issue and checking out any remedies there also. Good luck regardless. 👍 👍

https://nothingupdate.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s23-s23-s23-ultra-overheating-problems/
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No overheating issues with my S23U either, it's gets warmish when I first got it, but that's normal when you first transferring data from old phone but have had nothing else
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Official charger, cache wiped yesterday
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Data was transferred via cable. Cache wiped yesterday afternoon.
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Does it have a protective case or cover on while charging?
0 Likes