Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ULTRA WIFI 6 ISSUES PERSIST AFTER APRIL UPDATE

(Topic created on: 06-04-2023 08:28 AM)
sebseb88
Explorer
Options
So I thought April's update would bring a fix for the dreaded WiFi 6 issue but it has done nothing ! 
Issue is weird as it keeps on coming and going as in it'll all be fine for a day or 2 and then happens again and is so frustrating ! What used to work for me before the April update was toggle WiFi on and off on the phone and it would be ok but for a while but now it won't help, the only odd thing that does temporarily work is when I have the issue of WiFi not loading anything up / stalling is to long press the WiFi icon in notification panel then WiFi straight away shows connected again and then switch back to what I was doing. Definitely a bug from the S23 Ultra side ! 
Never had a problem with my old S22 ultra / Fold 4 / Flip 4 / iPhone 14 Pro max, only happens with this phone !
I have a pair of mesh eero pro 6 routers which I never had an issue with and all devices I have connected to it always worked (both WiFi 5 and 6) just this phone.
Spoke to Samsung on twitter just before march update and they said they were aware of the issue and we're working on a fix but then came march update, nothing... Then came April update, nothing. When I spoke to them again on twitter they were like, sorry to hear we haven't heard about any issues regarding WiFi on S23 Ultra 🤦 so back to square one I guess !
Absolutely love the phone but this issue is a main one for me, I mean it's 2023 who doesn't need reliable WiFi nowadays !
76 REPLIES 76
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's worth going into the support section on the Members App and leave feedback.
Any new issues and additional information provided through this will help with the development of a fix.
I'm sure if its a known issue, it could take a while to fix.
The more that contribute in the feedback section will help especially providing phones data.
You may already have done this, but as you point out toggling isn't working, it's new information for developers
KholaI
Options

Hi @sebseb88 

It would be extremely useful if you sent in an Error Report via our Samsung Members app, so that our engineers can get a better understanding of the issue at hand. You can do this by heading over to our Samsung Members app > Get help > Error report. Please be sure to include the error log, alongside a detailed entry of the issue, within 15 minutes of experiencing this. Once the engineers review this, our Team will get in touch.

sebseb88
Explorer
Options
Has been done already, twice now ! Once in march and yesterday... As well as 100s other people with same issue... It's plastered all over Reddit, twitter and on here... That's not a NEW issue !
KholaI
Options

I completely understand your frustration regarding this @sebseb88, but I'm positive our engineers will find a fix! Thank you for sending the Error Reports.

chameo
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to say I have exactly the same issue since day 1. It will work for a while and then just stalls. This is not fixed as of April. My work around for now is to connect to wifi 5. 

sebseb88
Explorer
Options
So I've sent another error log to Samsung and the best they could do was telling me it's due to the signal strength of my router... I've sent them another log as my router has nothing to do with it ! EERO pro 6 MESH routers on a gigabit connection !!! Been using it for the last year and never have I had a problem with it, and even to this date it is covering my whole house including an Xbox series X / a surface pro 9 laptop / an Xbox serie S / a PS5 / an iPhone 14 pro max / and a desktop gaming PC also WiFi 6 yet the only problem I have is with the S23 Ultra so ok Samsung please tell me again my router is at fault when every other device I have is working as it should.... Absolutely baffles me ! It's not like I am the only person with this issue ! There are hundreds of other people on Reddit, YouTube and on here complaining about this specific issue ! FIX THE ***** THING !!!!
sebseb88
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately with my router this is not an option ! WiFi 6 cannot be switched off 😕
Dragon-Boy
First Poster
Options

I've been having these WiFi6 problems since upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra in 02/2023. I'm located in the US and hence have not received Samsung's 04/2023 software update yet. The personal router I use is a TP-Link Archer AX11000 WiFi6 router and I have disabled WiFi6 (i.e., 802.11ax) on the router to get around these problems at the price of "downgrading" the router to WiFi 5. Yesterday night, I noticed a US Samsung Community posting ("https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S23/Galaxy-S23-Ultra-WiFi-TP-Link-Router-Wifi-6-Ony-1-Con...") about setting the 5GHz Channel Bandwith from 160MHz to 80MHz on the same TP-Link AX110000 router which solved the poster's problem. Just to test, I went ahead changed the Channel Bandwidth for both 5GHz channels to 80MHZ and re-activated 802.11ax last night. It is 5:30PM EST now and the problems seem to have been held at bay (at least temporarily until Samsung ultimately fixes the S23 Ultra problems with WiFi6).

sebseb88
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately eero pro mesh system does not allow you to change bands and frequencies let alone switch to WiFi 5 from WiFi 6 so doesn't help me 😞 I just wish Samsung would acknowledge the issue instead of sending me an answer saying your router is not strong enough... Yes Samsung you're correct my gear is rubbish and yet any other phone (including a z flip 4 !!) Have no problem whatsoever with WiFi 6.... 👏👏👏🤦
0 Likes