Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ULTRA Off this morning

(Topic created on: 12-04-2024 06:37 AM)
gulliverxc
Apprentice
Options
When I unplugged my S23 Ultra this morning the screen was blank and pressing the power button did nothing. I had to look on the internet using my laptop to see what to do. Apparently, a soft reset was required. Press both power & vol down buttons for 15 seconds, then release and 'SAMSUNG' startup should begin. Is this likely to happen often?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Did your device have the April software update some time before your S23 Ultra turned off @gulliverxc, and did your clear the cache afterwards?. My advice to you is that this issue is unlikely to happen to your device again, especially if you reboot it regularly (at least once a week) to keep everything running smoothly. I would also ensure that all your apps are up to date also. I know it will take time for you to have full confidence in your device again after this glitch, but I honestly believe you shouldn't have any repeats of this issue. Fingers crossed.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It shouldn't, no

0 Likes
gulliverxc
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, that's comforting!
0 Likes
Solution
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Did your device have the April software update some time before your S23 Ultra turned off @gulliverxc, and did your clear the cache afterwards?. My advice to you is that this issue is unlikely to happen to your device again, especially if you reboot it regularly (at least once a week) to keep everything running smoothly. I would also ensure that all your apps are up to date also. I know it will take time for you to have full confidence in your device again after this glitch, but I honestly believe you shouldn't have any repeats of this issue. Fingers crossed.
gulliverxc
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Babishko!
gulliverxc
Apprentice
Options
Incidentally, it updated the system after I managed to restart after the soft reset I mentioned!