Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra charging slowly

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
SMohebbi
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have been using S23 Ultra for 2 months. it was all well but recently i noticed it takes longer to charge. i have a samsung 45w adapter, it shows super fast charging (blue circle) and also it says 1 hour to full charge but it takes more than 2 hours to charge fully. i bought a new cable, it worked well for 4 days (it charged in 1 hour) but again today i noticed it takes more than 2 hours to fully charge the phone.

should i buy a new adapter? i don`t think that there are any problems with this new cable...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SMohebbi  you could try a  new adapter.  

Ensure that there is no moisture or debris in the charging port and that you do not have many apps running when charging.  Have any 3rd party apps recently installed as that can cause a conflict. if so trey in Safe Mode to see if the issue is still present.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Did you clear the cache partition after the update as is advisable,temporary cache files are deleted but Data is intact. 

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or other Device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also repair apps from the Same Recovery Menu.  Otherwise  if no solution after various steps can send an Error Report via Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.  A Factory reset would be the last resort (obviously ensure Data is backed up).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
If your phone version is on OneUI 6.1, you might want to check what your battery protection setting is. if you have adaptive battery protection turned on, and your phone is taking a long time to charge, your phone may assume that you are currently sleeping, and charge slowly. Toggle the option to 'basic' if you think it might be interfering with your charging.1715720946884.jpg
0 Likes
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
On the same page, you can also find 'Charging settings' where you can change the speed of your charging. (perhaps it might be that super fast charging is turned off.)1715721042138.jpg
0 Likes
SMohebbi
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I haven't cleared the catch yet. Thanks for your recommendation I'll try it 🙏🌸

0 Likes
SMohebbi
First Poster
Options

Hi

My battery protection was basic yesterday,  then I changed it to maximum 

Still no changes in charging speed 

0 Likes
SMohebbi
First Poster
Options

Why it doesn't show super fast charging for me in the settings? 🥲

Screenshot_20240515_115736_Device care.jpg

 but when I plug in my charger it shows blue circle and super fast charging 2.0 🥲

0 Likes