Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra - buying options?

(Topic created on: 20-08-2023 04:48 PM)
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
Hi members

Looking for some advice? I'm looking to get the S23 Ultra for my next phone but I was wondering if to get rid of my other phone? I'm currently using a S22 (still in contract with Sky). However, if I decided to swap with Sky, the value of the S22 has drastically reduced and won't cover my repayments if I decide to pay off the remainder of my contract. 

Out of interest, what have you done to purchase your Ultras to make it as affordable as possible? Basically, I don't want to have a contract anymore.

Many thanks....
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
StevieGii
Navigator
Options
I make sure my device is paid off, and I pre order the newest device. Its the only way to get the best deal.
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the info. Is it worth waiting a few months, selling the S22 elsewhere and then should be able to pay off the remaining contract? Probably deals will come up when Black Friday arrives...
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I bought my phone direct from Samsung wit interest free credit and sim only contract with EE which was way cheaper than an EE contract.
StevieGii
Navigator
Options
It's tricky cause as soon as a new gen comes out, the previous gen is worth the most for a trade in on pre order. After the pre order the device value goes down so much so I always try to stay current, and ahead. At this point you'd get more not trading with samsung directly.
StevieGii
Navigator
Options
I always buy unlocked, and sim only so yeah, that's the way to go for sure
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
@StevieGii just did some checks, at the moment, Samsung is offering £280 trade-in for S22, CeX £250 in cash. I don't know what's it going to be in 3 months? But I did speak to a Samsung rep in store and you can trade-in any smartphone working or non-working for a guaranteed £150.
0 Likes
StevieGii
Navigator
Options
I know the USA promos are infinitely better, I'm used to those, now that I'm in the UK that's changed lol. I got 600 for my s22 ultra when I traded it in the pre order for the s23 ultra
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
But phone contracts are horrific, for what I get with sim only is around £50 per month but in the US that contact would cost over $100
0 Likes
StevieGii
Navigator
Options
I dont get contract. I get unlocked from Samsung only.
0 Likes