Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 series VS S22 series

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 07:31 PM)
Cecilbryans
Explorer
Options
To those who have upgraded from S22 to S23 , are there any significant differences that you may point out to motivate anyone to make the upgrade? I personally have the S22 ultra and im looking for those who have 1st hand experience with the S23 versions, anyone?
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The one reason to upgrade is the snap dragon gen 2 it's so much better than underpowered exynos that to me would be enough to upgrade. Other than that there is no major differences between the 2. I have the s23 ultra and I love it
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
At this point look at the s24 ultra.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

I have the S23 Ultra and upgraded from S21 Ultra (so not quite answering your question directly).

The S23 Ultra is an absolute beast of a device that does just about everything, really well.

The biggest single benefit is using Snapdragon 8 gen 2 for galaxy. Exynos just doesn't cut it.

There are so many things I could say about this device. Samsung just got this one right.

I'm monitoring developments for the S24 Ultra but even with AI, I'm struggling to see just how much of an upgrade it would be and whether it is worth another large outlay, even with an expected (personal opinion) £600 trade in.

Hope that helps. 👌
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there @GoanGeek

Like many of us, watching the S23 Ultra release with interest.....

BUT

If the UK version comes with Exynos, it will definitely be a no from me. 👎
Cecilbryans
Explorer
Options
Been using the S22 ultra Exynos for about a year and half now, its all i know lol.. most of my phones i have used have had exynos chip so i might want to try the ones with snap dragon chip, see if they perform better
0 Likes
Cecilbryans
Explorer
Options
Im certain it will be quite dear to buy .. i normally upgrade around this time, just when a newer version is about to come out or after
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In my opinion, I would 100% recommend S23 Ultra.

It is by far the best Samsung device I've ever had (and I've had a few lol)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I mean if its been good that's great I have just personally had battery issues with exynos phones I remember my s20 got 2 hours sot 🤣
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe its been confirmed that the ultra will be snapdragon worldwide while the s24 and s2plus will be exynos in some countries so could include UK.