Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S series camera improvements, community help needed.

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 01:04 PM)
rawshooter
Explorer
Options

I got the following issues with the S23Ultra camera app, but it wont do much good if I'm the only person requesting, so if you find my proposals useful, maybe drop them an email too.

1: Autofocus in Pro Mode seems unreliable, I had my phone on a stand then stepping in front of it and the AF failed to recognized me, both in Center und Multi mode, the S22 Ultra worked perfect in this case, so I'm kind of disappointed.

1b: The main camera of the S23u has an even bigger aperture than the S22u, so if the autofocus works and detects me as a subject, the focus plane is often just somewhere on my shirt, neck or elsewhere, but not where my eyes are, it could benefit from an eye detect autofocus instead of just a face autofocus.

2: You also have the app ExpertRAW, there is a feature I would like to see in the regular cameras apps Pro Mode. It's the feature where exposure settings can be stored in multiple profiles.

3: A lot of people are complaining about not being able to take images of moving subjects in low light and also don't want to use the Pro mode with a manual shutter speed. It often even is falsely called shutter lag, even reviewers seem to get wrong what shutter lag actually means. Anyway:

3a: How about adding 3 small symbols to the full auto mode that act like kind of a sport mode: 1st would be the normal mode with exposure settings the app uses now for non moving subjects, i think it's about 1/20th, 2nd fast moving subject with a shutterspeed of maybe 1/250 and 3rd a symbol of for really fast moving situations, maybe a shutterspeed equivalent of 1/1000

3b: As I don't care about the auto mode because I like my photos in DNG format and without the extensive editing your software does please also give me something for Pro Mode: Here a simple option to select a minimum shutterspeed would be helpful, we are in Pro Mode so we can expect people know what shutterspeed does what. A minimum shutterspeed is different to a fixed shutter speed, as a minimum shutter speed would get faster if there is enough light when ISO cant be lowered anymore, while the fixed shutterspeed (that is possible already) would just overexposed. So I hope you can see how this mode would be useful, as I could set a shutterspeed that wont give me motion blur, but also works if the scene changes to a brighter setting.

4: Don't take away the other camera modules when I select 50MP as a resolution, I still want to be able to quickly switch to the other options without having to manually switch back to 12MP. 

5: Allow manual selection of ISO values below 50 in Pro Mode, as these produce the best details in the highres modes. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Send your feedback to Samsung via Members App, support, feedback
0 Likes
rawshooter
Explorer
Options

As I said, if only I do  it it wont change anything.

0 Likes
MarcGuitar
Navigator
Options
Aperture is bigger on S23u. 1.7 versus 1.8. 1.7 is larger
rawshooter
Explorer
Options

Yes I was thinking smaller area that is going to be in focus.

0 Likes