Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premium numbers

(Topic created on: 16-12-2023 04:19 PM)
Bappi
First Poster
Options

I needed to call my local superstore as they had forgotten some items. they use a premium number 0845 so when i called it it went through the motions and then came up premium number and cancelled the call even if i added it as a contact. I have looked through call settings and cannot work out how to allow  calls to that number.

Any input would be great

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Do you have a spend limit with your provider?

Do you have premium numbers turned off on your contract with your provider?

This is not a device issue but an account issue with your network.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Are you sure it's classed as a premium number, there are lots of companies in the UK which uses that phone code and none that I use ever comes back as a premium number. Have you spoke with your network provider they are the best to enquire about this issue. Usually that number comes up on a mobile as 09
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0845 IS a premium rate. Your network will charge for the call as it is outside of allowances and then there is a network access charge on top.

You are right, many companies use them, but they are chargeback.

They are not, however, premium in the sense of 0898 or 09xx calls which can cost £s per minute 👎👎
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, it's normally down to your network who you use.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Contact your provider as some charge an access charge plus standard rates
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
0845 numbers whilst can be chargeable are not usually classed as premium numbers, it's worth checking with your network provider as they can be included in your inclusive minutes. More info on call charges for various No's here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/how-muc.... Hope this helps
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

If you wanna save yourself charges, try a website called SayNoTo0870. They will give you alternative landline numbers to call instead of rip off 0845/0870 numbers.

0 Likes