Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures becoming different.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 08:07 PM)
Garrett Gress
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy S23. Every time I take pictures, I can't edit/share them until it finishes a little cycle of "loading," where it changes the picture. I don't know if this is supposed to make my images look better or what, but it usually turns a really good picture of my dog into a really blurry shot. Been a Galaxy user for about 3 years now, and have never noticed this until just about August, 2023. Is there any way of turning this off? Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Disabling the image optimisation doesn't stop the forced image processing from being applied. You can't turn this off. Ever.

I'm getting fed up with people spreading incorrect advice by suggesting this as a fix.

The ONLY way to stop Samsung's processing is to use the basic 12mp mode.

This is the reason why I'll never touch another Samsung phone ever again.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hi there, this is called image optimisation. you can turn this off via the camera assistant app in goodlock or via camera settings. This is what the camera settings look like on my s23u
1709498349223_1709498349214_0.png
0 Likes
Solution
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Disabling the image optimisation doesn't stop the forced image processing from being applied. You can't turn this off. Ever.

I'm getting fed up with people spreading incorrect advice by suggesting this as a fix.

The ONLY way to stop Samsung's processing is to use the basic 12mp mode.

This is the reason why I'll never touch another Samsung phone ever again.
Garrett Gress
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but I had done this already and it never fixed anything

0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
if your so fed up then dont listen, i apologise if my advice bothers you this much but quite frankly if your that annoyed then you need to grow up abit😅
0 Likes
Garrett Gress
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, thats pretty stupid. Why even offer a 50mp mode if it changes everything the second after tou take the picture? If I wanted 12mp I could have just bought a Motorola 💀

Garrett Gress
Apprentice
Options

@UNKNOWNUSERNAME  they don't need to grow up, Samsung needs to offer better options. If smartphones are going to be the price they are, the companies should listen and fix things. And you need to grow up. Your username is something a 9 year old would use, and it should have been "you're" not "your." "Your" is possessive

Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Your advice was wrong.

You were spreading misinformation and lots of others do this.

People read any old rubbish and then pass it on as fact when it's anything but. It does nobody any good.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't offer any help or advice.
0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
I'm so disappointed with the camera on the S23. I came from a Pixel 6 pro and the aging camera on that absolutely trounces the S23 in every way.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
But even with 12mp there is optimisation, so doing the steps i mentioned helps with that. Atleast on my s23u.
0 Likes