Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 6.1 s23 Ultra battery drain

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 08:27 PM)
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

Why is my battery draining at least 25% faster on my s23 Ultra after updating to one ui 6.1? Don't even start with that ***** about wiping the partition cache as that has done nothing. Samsung fix this now! I will move to an entirely different brand over this.

21 REPLIES 21
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

I've been with them since the Galaxy S as well and I've never had an update ruin my phone like this one. I'm so angry I may jump to a new brand as they clearly did not test this properly for the 23 series.

Ado225
Student
Options

We expect updates when a security breach has been discovered. I purchase phones for its features at the time i buy it not what it will potentially offer in the future. Had multiple samsung devices (phones, watches and tablets) and yes some updates have had serious issues but samsung has rolled out fixes I'm sure this will be the case with this. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

0 Likes
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

Updates should have 0 major bugs if they are properly tested. This is either total incompetence or done on purpose to force you to an S24. Neither is acceptable to me.

osama12
First Poster
Options
Thats more convincing. They are doing it purposely, so people have to eventually upgrade to an s24 because the hatdware on s23 isn't very likely to be compatible with the Ai upgrades on s24.
0 Likes
abchome
Apprentice
Options

In my case, from wake up (full charge) to back home after work, used to have over 40% left. In the last 4 days, less than 15% left.

0 Likes
abchome
Apprentice
Options

Yes similar in my case. S23+

0 Likes
Members_XERNvT5
First Poster
Options

Same. Absolutely agree. Same here. Whats the point of being with Samsung if they are doing same scamming practices as Apple as they now launch and promote heavily s24 line

0 Likes
Slinkyaroo
Journeyman
Options

S23fe SD Canadian phone. Battery drain is bad. 11% in an hour and a half on idle with blacked out lock screen. A man, let me tell you, I feel the heat from the phone when it's in my pants pocket. 

I usually lose 30-35% when I get home from work. Losing 60%+ now.

0 Likes
Slinkyaroo
Journeyman
Options

I don't know if it's fix or not but here's what I did.

1. Turned off battery protection. Was still hot and draining fast.

2. Ran 1Tap Cleaner to clear apps' caches. Free from play store. Clears app caches but not system caches.

3. Wired fast charge to 100%.

Ran a 20 min video on S23fe (with UI6.1, the problem) and at the same time ran the same video on Tab S8 (with UI 6.) Same SOC and ram, same wifi. The Tab S8 used 3% (7760 mAh battery) and the S23fe used 4% (4500 mAh) without getting hot. It isn't draining the battery like earlier.

Not sure but I know it's not hot any more. It's been constantly on for last 45 minutes.

Been playing now for two hours. Tablet down 19% and phone is down 22%. Phone isn't hot like before.

0 Likes
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

I have 2 s23 ulatras for my wife and I but I am about to get 2 Oneplus 12s if this issue isn't fixed in a week. I will never purchase another Samsung device if I make that jump. This is the kind of ***** Apple does.

0 Likes