Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dad's phone is acting weird.

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 06:40 PM)
Keagan
First Poster
Options

My dad's S23 Plus died, and when he went to plug it in it turns on and off repeatedly. I've tried looking it up but I can't find anything.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Contact Samsung support 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Force the device to turn off by pressing the bottom right button on right hand side of device.

Pop it on charge and leave it for an hour or so to just about fully charge.

Restart the device by pressing the same button and holding it down until the Samsung logo appears.

If that fails to work, you could try a Wipe Partition Cache.

Failing that, please follow @Tourbillion De La Vie' s guidance above.
S24 Ultra
Keagan
First Poster
Options

I've held down the power button and nothing changes, it tries to boot and it shows "Samsung Galaxy powered by Knox" then turns off again. Does this repeatedly.

0 Likes
Keagan
First Poster
Options

Thanks but I'd like to try to fix it myself first.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK please follow above but instead of letting go when the Samsung logo appears, keep it pressed down.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to try getting into safe mode.
S24 Ultra
Keagan
First Poster
Options

Neither worked. Guess we will have to go through support.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One final thought, can the device be wireless charged (to see if it can be turned on successfully that way).

Where did you guys buy the device from? If not Samsung, I would recommend you contact the supplier (I.e. the network if bought with a contract, a retailer if bought outright).

Otherwise, whilst I'm always reluctant to advise it.... Samsung Support. I wish you luck
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Keagan
First Poster
Options

Pretty sure it can, I'll try that. We get all of our phones from Best Buy nowadays, much better than from any Verizon store.

No change with wireless charger, still in it's boot loop...

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Take it to Samsung Store or contact support

As you mentioned Best by and Verizon I am guessing you are in the US. I am not as familiar with option in the US.

You may want to post this on the US Community site as folks there maybe better placed to advise you what you options are
0 Likes