Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 6.1 - please provide a way to disable AI bar

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 12:27 AM)
dev64
Journeyman
Options
AI navigation bar stuck at the bottom adding yet another ui feature into a far too complicated screen interaction

Solution requires third party app but better to have this on the default s23 menu system please. 
25 REPLIES 25
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Unless I'm misunderstanding but I didn't loose the 3 line navigation bar at bottom of the screen after update. I still use the buttons over swipe up gesters. Not that I'm complaining.

The options is still available to me in the display settings as normal. Even the wife didn't loose hers after the update. Don't have good lock installed either.

Could it be a region thing. I'm in the UK.1712215337916.jpg1712215337946.jpg
0 Likes
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
I'm in London and haven't got it. And when I did have it, it my preference was to make them invisible which is gone now. Rubbish 🗑
0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Bummer.. I do feel for everyone who's missing this function.
I have lost the auto hide feature from it though. 🤷🏽

Did you buy through a carrier or direct from Samsung, like me. Not that this should have any bearing on having this option or not!
0 Likes
facu1ty
Pathfinder
Options
Unnecessary changes for the worse 😒 makes you think how stupid are the people they employ 👎🏻
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
I know eh. It should all be about giving people the option.

Gestures may be more popular in Asia but not so over here in Europe and or States.. Let the user/owner decide. Feels a bit like IOS..
dev64
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for clarification. I think I'll delete this post make something more accurate. Now I know the name of this feature there is actually a solution to remove it with goodlock
Thanks again
0 Likes
dev64
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Rachel_1
First Poster
Options

My phone went back to the three buttons that were default on the bottom of the screen post UI update and I removed those for the grey bar as I don't like the space they take up as I liked the 3 bar option. It's not as user friendly as previously. If you swipe up the grey bar to the middle of the screen and hold for 2 seconds it brings up all the apps you have open and to go back in any app you can swipe left in the lower right hand corner of your screen but a lot of the time when I'm in an app like insta and swiping over to look at pics I end up swiping out and losing my feed which is super frustrating

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I always used the buttons before, but this single bar swipe actually feels better now in OneUI 6.1 that I'm actually liking it without the buttons.
0 Likes
DarXyde
Journeyman
Options

buttons are still there, what everyone else is complaining about is the swipe gestures been completely replaced by the new one where instead of having 3 options at the bottom that mimick those buttons you've shared there, you just have 1 sh*t swipe like a stupid iPhone.

0 Likes