Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 6.1 navigation Bar

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 07:39 PM)
Køi
First Poster
Options

Samsung S23 Ultra updated today and I am seriously irritated with this update. First thing I noticed my navigation bar, I had the option of swipe or buttons. I have always used swipe for navigation and my recent apps were on the right and my back to the left with home being center. You used to be able to choose left or right for either. Now it is incredibly difficult to get to my recently used apps. Everytime I used the navigation bar it sends me to the home screen. If I wanted to go to the home screen I'd swipe in the middle. Everywhere does it now. Can't go back a page or to recent apps it all sends me home. There's an annoying period where you have to hold to get recent apps to show up. This is stupid and inefficient. Secondly it keeps opening apps up when I'm trying to scroll through my pages of apps that I'm not selecting just trying to turn the page and it's not responding correctly just opening apps. Very disappointed so far and will continue to notice things I hate about this update throughout the day. Wish they would revert the update. 

126 REPLIES 126
Lilmissmissy
Explorer
Options

That was my horror when it updated!  WHY take the devices WE pay for and start turning them into a whole different device?!  I'm SO TIRED of Samsung controlling my user experience! WE buy these devices based on the FEATURE SET THEY advertise and after you unbox it and use it for 2 days you can't even recognize the phone or use it because they change it to the point of us having to RELEARN the device every update!  It should be ILLEGAL!  

Jayne Reed
0 Likes
Lilmissmissy
Explorer
Options

Me too.  It's like the developers just sit and have a pow wow on how to make the interface better according to themselves!  How about ASKING us what we would like to see on OUR devices? They have like a remote control to break our phones in our hands!

Jayne Reed
0 Likes
Lilmissmissy
Explorer
Options

Again...I'm aware.  I just received an update notification today.  However I have no interest in executing it.  It may still update on its own. But it more than likely will be another EPIC FAIL. I'm over the nav bar and have it auto hiding etc.  But this whole Android 14. 6.1 is a joke. 

Jayne Reed
0 Likes
oneuisucks
Apprentice
Options

what a silly change

0 Likes
oneuisucks
Apprentice
Options

this is what I want to do but those options are not available on my galaxy s23. I am very frustrated right now

0 Likes
Members_zSbQ3GY
First Poster
Options

On my S21 there isn't the option "Swiper from bottom" even though I have installed GoodLock and Navstar. How is it possible? Didn't they implement this option on S21?

photo_2024-05-22_11-32-22.jpg

0 Likes
ShadowWw
Apprentice
Options

For me GoodLock did not work so I found Fine Lock from Play store and then downloaded NavStar
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yuh.yuh.finelock

0 Likes
Jj77
First Poster
Options

I can't seem to find this good lock or navstar

0 Likes
Members_mFmLv74
Student
Options

Good lock is not available in some countries. Samsung bring back this ***** bar. I hate the way the phone looks and feels now! If not, they lost me as a customer. It drives me nuts.

0 Likes
Lilmissmissy
Explorer
Options

Exactly...been a Samsung flagship device user my entire life. But this S23 Ultra that's supposed to have REPLACED the Note 20 Ultra?  Not hardly. In addition, they are skating on thin ice with me.  So DONE.

Jayne Reed
0 Likes