Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 AOD - NO COLORS

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 06:59 AM)
Members_SGNdqEV
Journeyman
Options

Dear Samsung!

The 6.1 update ruined the AOD for everyone, there was a missing brightness setting and the colors are disappeared. I would like to ask you to restore the possibility of the customizations. If you remove features from time to time nobody will feel the urge to upgrade their Samsung phones anymore.

The previous AOD was beautiful, the font size was big enough to read even the battery percentage, the notification icons were colorful and there was more space between the clock and the notifications, it was obvious at the first glance if there were notifications or not.

Now the font size is smaller, everything is white, the notification icons are almost unreadably small and they are too close to the clock. I would like to see colors on the AOD (this is why I bought amoled) notifications just as before: red for gmail, blue for telegram, green for missed calls, etc...

Outsourcing the AOD options to a different application (good lock) was a bad idea in my opinion, but removing features is even worse.

Thank you in advance!

74 REPLIES 74
e33et
Student
Options

Good Day,

I also having same issue about Always on Display (AOD) feature with my S23+ One UI 6.1, and my Watch4 Classic LTE, please Samsung fix this weird issue, plus my Watch4 Classic LTE drastically dranied my battery after One UI 5 Watch!

Please bring it back Samsung, stop ditching features that should be android stock features!

0 Likes
Leah345
Student
Options

0 Likes
Members_WF3kadF
Student
Options

I literally have no idea how these decisions about taking features away are ever allowed into actual software releases!

And then to compound the issue, the issues are almost completely ignored by Samsung, hardly responding to repeated posts about same problems for months and months.

I have my own small business, and if i treated my customers like this, wouldn't last long 😞

Members_XyaZgVO
First Poster
Options

I've never been so badly annoyed from a software UI update. I understand the move of a generalized colour from the color palette but it doesn't have to be everywhere. In the notification panel there is still the badge identity color, so WHY remove it in the top bar and worst of all in the AOD where the feature is designed to make it faster/easier to check notifications/battery/time in a glance?

This goes against the AOD philosophy/design, which makes it a visual regression. How is it not even hot fixed? Is this issue even considered?

0 Likes
Members_SGNdqEV
Journeyman
Options

It is just unbelievable that there are no consequences of things like this. Whoever made this decision was a complete ***** who should have been fired on the spot. Its crazy that samsung does not do anything to fix this, they dont care about the customers. This post has 25k views and the only activity from their side is that "its a decision". I can imagine that only a small fraction of disappointed users are visiting this site. Its the worst decision you could have made samsung, SHAME ON YOU!!!

0 Likes