Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off topic ... well, kind of off topic, a strange thing happened

(Topic created on: 30-07-2023 12:52 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

This isn't about my phone, an S23 Ultra, but about my wife's phone, a S21+.  The model in this case doesn't really matter.

My wife doesn't have great vision, thus her phone is on maximum brightness and the font size is very large.  (I find it difficult to maneuver since everything is large, but it has to be that way for her to see it.)

What happened was this - quite by accident she must have swiped the screen so the brightness setting was now at its lowest.  It was very bright outside and I thought at first, the screen has simply stopped working.  (We were on vacation when this happened and all the important information was on her phone since she had arranged everything.)

I thought perhaps the battery was at zero percent but that wasn't the case. It was very bright outside and I could see very dim images on her screen.  The problem now was to quickly find where the brightness level was.  It really was difficult because the screen was at its dimmest setting and it was very bright outside.  I did manage to find the setting and solved this nerve wracking issue.

I rather doubt this will happen again, but I'll know better how to proceed.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm glad you managed to find the setting in the end @davehorne  🙌 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes