Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification bar is grey, not transparent and fills up til whole screen

(Topic created on: 03-12-2023 05:31 AM)
CPedersen
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I've just updated my phone to One UI 6 and the notification bar has changed in a bad way!

First of all, it has become grey and colors are faded. I've searched through the net and I simply can't undo it. Before the update the bar was kinda transparent as well and now the color is completely solid. 

Second of all, the bar-area is covering all of the screen. It used to be possible to only drop down the top, so I could see the rest 3/4 - 1/3 of my screen... 

Does anyone else recognize these things? 

1000006910.jpg

24 REPLIES 24
Whattttt
Voyager
Options
Put the blur level down
0 Likes
BigUpKhaled
Pioneer
Options
On an s23, I don't have this issue and still have the blur effect when I updated from one ui 5, I was able to replicate your issue by turning on the accessibility setting 'reduce transparency and blur' located in the accessibility settings, this may be your issue, but this is not a part of one ui 6
0 Likes
Options

So in order to fix this I have to download an app?

0 Likes
Options

I really hate that grey, it's not pleasant and I'm not getting used to it. Horid

turka02
Apprentice
Options

Mine just updated today.  Agree 100%  it's awful.   Hate when sw companies make "improvements"  that you can't undo or customize.  Flip s23.

0 Likes
Kimoy
First Poster
Options

Go to settings >> accessibility >> vision enhancements

Then toggle off Reduce Transparency and Blur.

turka02
Apprentice
Options

I did was still gray.   Found a reddit thread that suggested  turning color palette off.   That helped but I still don't like the big clunky layout.

1000004837.jpg

0 Likes
Members_jWNOLh8
First Poster
Options

@emilimoy answer solved the issue. Thank you. Someone did a mistake on the update

0 Likes
Prit1
First Poster
Options

Oh my god thank you so much, this was driving me crazy for the past week

0 Likes
baarz
First Poster
Options

who is effing emilimoy, there is no answer in this thread under this fuc.. name