Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC needs a finger print for nearly every transaction.

(Topic created on: 09-04-2024 11:46 PM)
Bigend1
Student
Options
Nothing to do with Bank
Nothing to do with Google Wallet 
But is something to do with One UI Version 6.1?????????? 
And yes I'm in the UK 
And I'm a Roman Catholic. 

No silly obvious question. Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've noticed that I'm being asked more to use my fingerprint when paying at certain pay points such as the local Costa Coffee shop I frequent every morning asking if it's really me. 

To be honest, I'm OK with this next stage security protocol as long as it's not all the time, which is currently the situation with me @Bigend1 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's a new Google policy for extra verification for contactles payments it has nothing to do with Samsung.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Yes, you are right, you do need to verify who you are to use Google Wallet. I've had Wallet for a couple of years and have always had to use my fingerprint.

This has nothing to do with One UI6.1 perceived issues but is purely about protecting your money.
0 Likes
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Ah so it was not me?! I thought something happened with my cards and they needed often verification. So annoying now I feel like an iPhone person having to unlock five things before tapping for my subway. 😂 😂
0 Likes
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Fair enough
0 Likes
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
I had the same issue. It turned out to be face unlock. If you have it enabled and try buying another coffee.
0 Likes
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
Go to Google Wallet settings, verification and turn on or off fingerprint verification
0 Likes