Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June's update

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 01:47 PM)
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/06/15/samsung-galaxy-s23-will-get-june-super-update-next-week/

Looking forward to this one I really hope the 2x is coming too
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Time will tell @deadpool3049 

Thank you for sharing this link 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
It is much anticipated @deadpool3049. The 2x preset in portrait mode and HDR improvements and other 'generalized' camera improvements all sound interesting to me. It is the size of this update that staggers me a little at 2.2Gb!. This size relates to the S23 Ultra I believe. This may be the biggest software update Samsung has ever distributed?.
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
It's a very big possibility it is there biggest update which does explain the whole delay but I'm sure its going to be good
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
It certainly should be. The S23 series all have the same chipset, so Samsung can focus it's software updates much more precisely and intensely now that they only have one version of each model with the series. Even after this update there will other great ones to come hopefully. 👍
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Yes same chipset but camera chipset is different on the box standard S23 and 23plus so they won't be getting the 2x option as the s23 ultra has the 200 and 50 chipsets for the camera
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes I mentioned it earlier on another thread  , currently live in South East Asia.

Advances:

• There is now a 2x zoom option in the camera app’s Portrait mode.
  • The camera autofocus issue has been solved.
  • The camera’s Night mode processing is slightly different than earlier.
  • One UI animations and transitions are now smoother.
  • There are subtle improvements in the haptics.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Thank you for this information James. 👍
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
It would seem a little unfair to me if the S23 and S23 Plus miss out on at least some form of improvement in their portrait modes. My 'old' S21 Ultra has a 2x portrait mode, but it has a 108Mp main sensor to work off.
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
It just feels like that full system update/replacement that usually appears as the first update on a new flagship.

The S23 didn't really have one? Suppose this will be the 'final' feature update before OneUi6
0 Likes