Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after installing security patch

(Topic created on: 15-05-2023 08:12 AM)
chrkeller
First Poster
Options

Hey community, yesterday I installed the latest Security Patch (1th of may) on my S23 Ultra. Everything worked fine before but after installing the update, my mobile is getting extremely hot, extremely slow and i can see the battery running down as fast as i never seen before.

I already restarted my mobile and wiped the cache partition several times, unfortunately without success.

Anyone else got the same problems and maybe there are any suggestions what to do?

thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be an app issue.
Look in battery and device care. Under battery you will see what's using the battery most.
Try clearing the cache and data of that app
When you start up in Safe Mode
Instead of wiping the Partition Cashe, in the list is repair apps I think from memory
LMay
Navigator
Options
My S23 Ultra started acting up after the update, running very slow on WiFi and cellular if I don't turn the phone on and off. There are other S23 Ultra owners having problems and Samsung are apparently aware of the problems but will they have a fix?, from what I'm hearing people may need to claim on the warranty if the next update doesn't resolve the problems, that will seriously damage Samsung. My phone was excellent at first now it's irritating rubbish at times.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That is concerning @chrkeller 

My Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra is currently on the 1 May update and isn't running hot or lagging. If this was a widespread issue I'd expect to maybe experience the same ! 

It would be beneficial to try Safe Mode   Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Also please do send your feedback via your Samsung Members App so this goes directly to the relevant Samsung Department.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes