Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to hear something shaking about in the camera area off my s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 05:03 PM)
riche888
Apprentice
Options
My night time pictures aren't the same anymore , but I can hear something shaking around inside the camera area on the back off my S23 ultra ? 
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's would be your lense, I wouldnt shake it too much you could break something
riche888
Apprentice
Options
I'm not shaking it no way , but I just heard there something sounds like shaking about is it ment to be like this ?
0 Likes
davehorne
Hotshot
Options

From Google - If you are hearing a noise when your phone is shaken it is most likely due to the image stabilization function on the camera. The rear EIS Camera (Electronic Image Stabilization) has a magnetic field that holds the internal image lens and moves it to counteract shaking when taking a picture.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
I could hear similar sound on my s10+ before, I think it is because the camera lense is on a stabiliser so you can hear it moving. I'm not sure if that true but just a thought
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's perfectly normal and the sound you hear is the optical image stabilisation. It's been present for many generations of Samsung S series phones from as far back as the S10.
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I can agree here, I can hear it on my S22ULtra.

The noise goes once 30x - 100x is engaged.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah it's just the camera stabilisation. One of the tech YouTubers I watch often rattles modern smartphones to highlight the rattling noises of the cameras. It's perfectly normal, just gave mine a shake there and it's a noticeable rattle. Hope that puts your mind at ease somewhat.

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Lol why is it showing as bleep? It's not a swear. It's the word '**bleep**'
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Hahaha why is that listed as a swear? The plural of put
0 Likes